Friday, January 18, 2008

Forward In Love - Saturday January 19

So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well. If I love you more, will you love me less?
2 Corinthians 12:15

One of the sure signs that God’s love has rooted itself in our hearts is that we begin to intentionally recognize God’s interest in other people. We don’t view people as resources to forward our own interest. We look at people and ask, “What is God doing in that person’s life and how can I partner with God in that work?”
As God’s love spreads through us, we are less and less led by our own affinities. This is one of the biggest tests of the strength of our relationship with Jesus. Love is growing in us for all people, not just select people. I have always been impressed with the Apostle Paul for this reason. He poured his life out with one goal; that by every means possible, he would win some people to Jesus. Paul always attracted people to Jesus, he did not attract them to himself.
When we live to serve our own interests, Jesus doesn’t have access to use us. We are closed air tight and locked down with our own agendas. Paul knew how to serve people without resenting their inconsistencies because Jesus was the center of his life and he knew that God’s love for him was real. Bring your plans to Jesus today and lay them at His feet. Offer Him the following prayer: “Jesus, today I lay my interests at Your feet. I surrender my agenda and I exchange it for Yours. Help me to see what You are doing in other people all around me today.”

No comments: